fifteen really short stories that have crossed my path in fifteen years of counselling:
- depressed, manic. manic, depressed. depressed, manic.
- marry you? you gotta be kidding.
- have anxiety, will not travel. help!
- too thin. better eat. that’s hard.
- “can’t think straight.” “relax.” “oh, wow!”
- booze, cocaine and needles? that’s over.
- drank all day. joined AA. recovered.
- felt crazy. psych hospital. crazier yet!
- “i laugh too much!” “thatta problem?”
- mom can’t remember my name. sad.
- ouch! can you help me? sure.
- dentists scared me. shrink helped me.
- wedding cake, kids, debt, divorce, freedom.
- pink elephants, hear voices? me, too.
- found higher power. feel better now.
actually, there’s more than 15 but seeing that today is the 15th and i have 15 years of counselling under my belt, i thought that would be a good number.
what’s all this about? through my contacts at LinkedIn, i met video storyteller director tom, who pointed me to this short short story contest at middlezonemusings. the idea is to tell a story in six words.
so i cobbled together some stories. the words are brief. the stories themselves, what really happened – some of them are pretty long. you fill in the blanks.
you got any stories? send them. (and don’t forget about the free lunch!)
counselling in vancouver